Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Hilton Island is located on the Atlantic coastline of South Carolina, between Georgia and North Carolina.
Some Fun Facts About Hilton Head Island
- There is a bridge from the mainland to the Island. You do not have to come across in a boat.
- Hilton Head Island Airport hosts USAirways Express offering daily flights from Charlotte.
- Our island encompasses 42 square miles of semi-tropical landscape.
- There are over 50 miles of public pathways and nature trails.
- The population is approximately 39,000.
- Hilton Head Island median age is 46.
- Our average daytime temperature is a mild 70 degrees, warmed year-round by the Gulf Stream.
- We have Super Markets and outlet centers on the island. You do not have to bring your own food.
- Electricity service is provided by Palmetto Electric Cooperative, Inc. & South Carolina Electric & Gas.
- Telephones service is provided by Hargray Communications.
- Cable TV service is provided by Hargray Cable & Time Warner Cable.
- Our beaches are 12 miles of wide, hard-packed sand with lots of public access areas. The tide levels change as much as 6-8 feet every 6 hours.
- We have 24 on island championship golf courses, and over 40 courses in the Hilton Head Island area for you to play.
- More than one million rounds of golf are played annually.
- We do have 300 courts in all three Grand Slam surfaces, including grass on-island tennis courts for you to play.
- The Island was Incorporated into the Town of Hilton Head Island in 1983.